Working together to create a stronger and more connected district, where all children and young people can thrive and realise their own potential.
The Lancaster Youth Partnership team
Our Partnership is a collection of voluntary, community, and faith organisations that provide support to children and young people in our communities across the Lancaster district. It has been created in response to the challenges facing the children and young people’s sector which were further enhanced by the effects of the pandemic.
We wanted to start working more closely so that we could collaborate, advocate, generate ideas, share resources and knowledge, provide peer support and bring together the public and voluntary sectors to effect positive change for children, young people and the communities they live in.
Many of us have been working together for nearly fifteen years to provide activities and services to children, young people and families across our city, towns and rural areas. We achieve this by putting young people at the heart of what we do, co-producing with them and empowering them to overcome the issues they face.
Together we have successfully secured funding from the Westminster Foundation, with which we aim to be life changing and lifesaving. We will help children and young people rebuild and maintain friendships, provide opportunities for physical, emotional and creative recreation, support education and learning, and ensure that recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic does not have wide ranging or significant implications for their wellbeing.
For every child and young person to thrive in a stronger and more connected district where:
- they develop personal and social skills, enjoy play, and live in a stronger and safer community;
- they improve their physical and mental wellbeing;
- they increase their personal and social development opportunities through achieving in education in school and in the community;
- we tackle the root causes which keep children, young people and their families in poverty, and continue to create an unequal society;
- we strive to make a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children, young people and the communities in which they live.
Honest & Transparent