The Community Learning Network is a group of education providers and community development organisations who are passionate about developing the skills of people living and working in our local communities.
We are working together to help people in our communities, particularly those from disadvantaged areas where poverty and other barriers affect everyday lives and prevent them from participating fully in society.
Our aim is to provide educational pathways through the offer of a wide range of community led and community based courses that could lead people to gain new skills that are valuable in all areas of life and work.
The Network also focuses on upskilling organisations, and individuals working in small and medium sized enterprises. We are particularly dedicated to those who contribute towards improving people’s health and wellbeing by working in areas such as
- the arts
- sport and recreation
- adult education and training
- community development
- employment support
- debt advice
- welfare support
- children and young people’s services
- climate change and the environment
By collaborating to create local educational programmes, the Network will:
- develop a diverse, skilled workforce
- address complex issues of injustice and inequality
- improve the social and economic circumstances and quality of life in our communities
- generate new opportunities for young people and adults to become grassroots leaders
We’ll add further information about the Network and the programme as they develop. In the meantime we would grateful if you could complete our short survey so we have a better understanding of your interests and needs.
We’ll be happy to answer any questions, so please do get in touch.